From my previous post of Winows 7 Direct Dowload links leaked, many of my readers requested me to provide a tutorial for making an ISO disc from the EXE, Setup1.box and Setup2.box Files , so that it would be an easier task for them to make clean and fresh install on their system.
Thanx to DigitalLife, I am here by providing a tutorial for creating an ISO image from the 3 downloaded files from MS server.
To create a bootable disc from the downloaded files simply follow these steps:
- Copy all the 3 downloaded files (the .exe, setup1.box and setup2.box) in one single driveÂ (for this tutorial, letâ€™s assume the files are put in Drive CÂ i.e. C:\ ).
- Right click on each of three files, select Properties, and then click on Unblock button to prevent files from unable to be accessed. Click OK when done.
- Run the exe (if on Vista on windows 7 RC or RTM or OEM run the exe as administrator by right click and select “RUN as ADMINISTRATOR”), the exe will extract the .box files and will create a new folder with name “expandedSetup” consisting Windows 7 setup files.
- Exit from Install Windows wizard dialog.
- Check for the oscdimg.exe %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32 folder. If you don’t have any such file in your System32 folder, than download it by clicking here, and put it in %SystemDrive%\Windows\System32 folder.
- Now Open the command prompt (with administrative privileges in Vista /in XP command prompt opens with administrative privileges by default) . To open command prompt :
- Click on Start button.
- Locate the Command Prompt menu item (inside Accessories under All Programs).
- Click on Command Prompt (in XP) for Vista : Right click on Command Prompt.
- On the pop-up right click context menu, select â€œRun as Administratorâ€.
- In the command prompt run the following command:
oscdimg.exe â€“bC:\expandedSetup\boot\etfsboot.com â€“u2 â€“h -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\Win7.iso
If the code doesn't work use :
oscdimg.exe â€“bC:\expandedSetup\boot\bootsect.exe â€“u2 â€“h -m -lWIN_EN_DVD C:\expandedSetup\ C:\Win7.iso
For 64-bit version if the above two commands doesn't work! use :
- All work is done, a bootable ISO DVD image is created in your C:/ Drive named “Win7.iso” . Now, use any CD/DVD burning software like Nero, Ultra ISO , Alcohol 120% or any other, to burn the image in a DVD disc.
Note: – The complete tutorial assumes that all the 3 files (the .exe and Setup1.box and Setup2.box files) are put in the C Drive i.e. C:\ of your system ( as the command run from the command prompt in the last step uses the path as C:\. If you wish to put files in some different directory or folder, you need to modify the path in command you going to run in command prompt. If you are not familiar with cmd commands, I would suggest you to follow the tutorial step by step and put all 3 files in your C:\ only.
Enjoy, your genuine copy of DVD disc. For any queries or problems faced in the tutorial use the comment box.
Latest posts by Sarang Dravid (see all)
- Get Ashampoo Anti-Virus 2014 Free Full Version Key - October 7, 2013
- Andorid Kepard VPN Premium Free For 3 Months [October Only] - October 7, 2013
- Process Lasso Pro Free Lifetime License [worth $15] - September 26, 2013
- Moviemaker BlazeVideo SmartShow Free License Key Giveaway [worth $49.95] - September 13, 2013